Lives in West Yorkshire
, Blogger at eduvel.wordpress.com
In operation since 2005
LSN - as MoleNET mentor. Work began in November 07, continued through MoLeNET 2 and now (Spring 10) MoleNET 3 is well under way. MoLeNET Conference is on September 29th at the QEII Conference Centre in Westminster
Moodle Course on Web 2.0 for RSC-Southeast
Summer School workshop on Web 2.0 for RSC-Northern
e-Moderator with Huddersfield University - supporting ASSOCiate Online
Support and development work in conjunction with RSC-YH
Workshop development and presentation for National Science Learning Centre
- European Consultancy in conjunction with TLC Ltd.
- p/t teaching on Huddersfield University's MSc Multimedia and e-Learning
Other work with LSN
- Planning and delivery of MALT programme in conjunction with TLC Ltld (Report)
- Recruiting and writing case studies for GoMobile publication - also:
- Complimentary work to LSN - for TechDis DVD - Upwardly Mobile
- NIACE - includes SDELC updating project and senior management e-strategy consultancy work with OLAS
- WBL provider - Scoping Study for RSC-NW
- LSN: e-Tutor on SLC portal
- Several F.E. Colleges in the North of England (Ashton 6FC, Blackpool, Bury and Bishop Burton etc.)
- Project managed JISC Innovation workshops -'New' series completed April 2007
- Work for LSN, managing eight materials authors for a Student Services project - now delivering workshops to show outcomes - completed March 2007
- RSC-NW 2007, 2008 summer conferences
- RSC-SW 2007, 2008 summer conferences
- Retainer with MyKnowledgeMap in York
- Sundry Research work in collaboration with Huddersfield University
- m-Learning Case Studies for TechDis
- Representing TechDis as required
- Course development Women's Institute.
- The CLE. e-Learning workshops for vocational tutors across Bradford (Continued 2007/08)
- Offender Learning research on behalf of NIACE - Jan/Feb 2007
- BECTA - undertaken a research project on their behalf
- A collaborative venture with BECTa and the Welsh RSC - now complete!
- RSC Northern - (1) Interactive Whiteboards AND (2) m-Learning. Also WBL workshops.
- NIACE - workshops for the National Conference in March 2006
- Managing the roll-out of NLN materials and LearnTrain to Wales
- The CLE project- across all vocational learners in Bradford
- RM - part of e-SY.Info
- ITT e-Learning training in collaboration with Huddersfield University
- Kirklees Council's ACL sector - various workshops and strategic advice
- David and John Whalley shared the stage at Handheld Learning 2005
Towards 1:1 ICT Access on 14th and 15th October 2005, Goldsmiths College, London
www.handheldlearning.co.uk/pdfs/2005programme.pdf to show others what we had been doing with PDAs.
- David and Alistair McNaught delivered a workshop at Handheld Learning 2006 looking at the accessible use of mobile learning devices
- David also helped to promote the launch of JISC's Innovative Practice with e-Learning publication at ALT-C 2005 in Manchester. See: http://www.elearning.ac.uk/innoprac/
- David presented a workshop at a Post 16 e-Learning Conference in Manchester
- David has recently carried out e-Learning training in conjunction with St. Helens College, Bishop Burton College, South Trafford College, to name but a few. Many others are been visited in Wales.
- A survey of ACL needs in Kirklees has been carried out by David and the first of several 'introduction to e-Learning' sessions (at Huddersfield College) has been delivered.
- We were present at the 2005 RSC Northwest Christmas Market : .. Also at their 2007 summer conference - where we also presented a workshop on Web 2.0
- David delivered a presentation on 'Innovations in mobile learning' at the JISC 'Effective Practice' workshop at Aston University on 11th January 2006
- Development work with Tribal - as part of e-SY.Info
- External Moderator for e-Learning Courses at University of Greenwich
- Research work with NIACE - mobile learning - now complete!
- Myknowledgemap in York. promoting their 'Custom Suite'